|QuiltCon charity quilt block made by Debbie Pine|
Today's meeting was excellent, and full of information!
We were delighted to have David Ward lecture on the topic of photographing quilts. He was so great with helpful tips that only a true expert can explain. Many of our members took advantage of David's photography skills, having him photograph quilts for submission in upcoming quilt shows. Thanks David!
We also enjoyed some small project demos from Erika (patchwork scarves), Erin (notebook cover), and Emily (zippered pouch). These projects will be the focus of our winter gift exchange! If you're feeling inspired to try out one of these projects you'll have the chance to swap yours in our winter gift swap (not holiday themed) at our December meeting. More information will follow in the next few days!
Announcements from today's meeting:
- November meeting - Sherri Lynn Wood will be our guest speaker. This meeting will be Monday November 17th, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm at the Elmhurst Christian Reformed Church.
- Sherri Lynn Wood workshop (Improvisational Process & Patchwork) will be during the day on Monday November 17th, a couple spots remain available for this workshop, email Sarah S. for more info.
- IQF quilt exhibit challenge - the theme is "Modern Friendship Star." Submissions are due late December / early January. Quilt should be "wall size". More details to follow.
- Our quilts traveling with the Original Sewing & Quilt Expo will be returned to us at the December meeting,
- QuiltCon Charity quilt - our guild is making a quilt for the QuiltCon charity, some blocks were made at the fall retreat, the remaining blocks were sent home at today's meeting. If you picked up a fabric packet for this project - be sure to bring your completed block to the November guild meeting.
- We have confirmed dates for our spring retreat at the Sienna Center, the dates are April 10-12, with the optional add on of Thursday, April 9th. The lottery for the spring retreat will be held at our February meeting.