|photo courtesy of Modern Quilt Guild|
In honor of the guild's 5th year, we're making a guild banner!
Our hope is that all guild members contribute one or two single solid blocks. We'll assemble the blocks around our printed guild logo to create a banner we can use at our meetings, quilt shows and other events. ** Members are encouraged to sign their blocks**
Instructions for the blocks:
- Make any kind of modern quilt block, improve or otherwise. It's your choice.
- Blocks must *finish* at 6 inches square. This means your block should be 6 1/2"square raw to include the proper seam allowance.
- Use the colors of our logo, white may be used as a neutral
- Yellow - citrus, canary, corn yellow
- Green - fern, kale, clover
- Blue - royal, lapis, surf
- Orange - carrot, orange, persimmon
- Red - tomato, poppy, lipstick
- Please use ONLY solid fabrics for consistency.
- 50 blocks are needed
- Must be submitted at the February meeting
- Permanent pens will be available at the meeting for signing
For modern quilt block inspiration, visit the Modern Quilt Guild website.
Direct questions about this project to Programs Chair Tricia Royal.